Holiday shopping has begun, and the children in your life are trying to stay on the nice, not naughty list. You don’t want to be the one to buy them playthings that can injure them, right? Boston-based World Against Toys Causing Harm, or W.A.T.C.H. for short, has released its annual list of the 10 “worst toys” of the year.
- Nerf Ultra One: The blaster that fires up to 120 feet has the potential for eye injuries.
- Spike the Fine Motor Hedgehog: Hard plastic removable quills have the potential for ingestion injuries and choking.
- Bunchems Bunch ‘n Build: Plastic, connective pieces may get entangled in hair and may cause choking.
- Yeti: The stuffed animal’s long hair may come out and be ingested or cause aspiration.
- Nickelodeon Frozen Treats Slime: They look like a smoothie, soft-serve ice cream, or a snow cone, but the package warns that they’re not real food and shouldn’t be eaten. The issue becomes possible chemical ingestion and irritation injuries.